Lun, 09/10/2017 - 11:49
On Tuesday, September 12th, ISGP's "The Forum" convened Climate Geoengineering: GeoE Live, a virtual workshop on geoengineering science, governance, and perceptions, in collaboration with Forum for Climate Engineering Assessment (American University) and PlanetWorks (Arizona State University). We hope you might have had an opportunity to watch some of the event as it streamed live online. Our goal for GeoE Live was to exploit the wide reach and unifying nature of social media to advance science communication on an important scientific topic affecting society. With this in mind, we are proud to report that, to-date, GeoE Live has amassed over 2,815 views and engaged individuals in at least 44 different countries. These numbers are a testament to the commitment of ISGP's "The Forum" to making science accessible to individuals around the globe, and we are excited about the possibility of convening similar virtual programs in the future.
In the meantime, I wanted to pass along the links to the [now archived] videos that were recorded during our GeoE Live event. If you weren't able to watch GeoE Live as it streamed on the 12th, or if you'd like to revisit a session, you can find the event videos at the links that follow.
- Welcome and Introduction: https://www.facebook.com/isgpforum/videos/1973870952897268/
- Session 1: Interview with Katharine Mach (Stanford University) on climate change and geoengineering: https://www.facebook.com/isgpforum/videos/1974525119498518/
- Session 2: Panel on solar radiation management (SRM), hosted by Forum for Climate Engineering Assessment: https://www.facebook.com/isgpforum/videos/1974544936163203/
- Session 3: Panel on carbon dioxide removal (CDR), hosted by PlanetWorks: https://www.facebook.com/isgpforum/videos/1974582469492783/
- Session 4: Forum on the Street: Public perceptions of climate geoengineering from 4 countries, hosted by ISGP's "The Forum": https://www.facebook.com/isgpforum/videos/1974170649533965/
- Session 5: ISGP's "The Forum" podcast on geoengineering governance and regulation: Audio for listening or download: www.soundcloud.com/ISGPs-The-Forum/GeoElive; Video version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rum7ZpZ1bw0
- Adjournment: https://www.facebook.com/isgpforum/videos/1973849626232734/
As always, we welcome your comments on social media (Twitter: @ISGPforum; Facebook: www.facebook.com/isgpforum), and I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have about our recently convened virtual program. If you are part of an organization, academic center, student group, or other assembly that would be interested in collaborating with ISGP's "The Forum" on a future virtual workshop, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.