In cooperation with the Hebrew University of Jerusalem's Faculty of Agriculture – MASHAV's only academic affiliate – we are pleased to announce the opening of a training and capacity building program on Feeding The Future: Food Safety And Technology In Times Of Global Change. The course will be held in Israel at the Robert H. Smith Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Environment, The International School of Agricultural Sciences.
The program's objectives are:
- To provide participants with management skills for confronting hazards and threats in the food industry.
- To critically evaluate the nutritional quality of food, and gain awareness of potential health hazards during the cultivation, processing, packaging, handling, transportation, and storage of food.
- To discuss emerging trends for improving the safety and sanitation of food sources from the participants’ countries.
- To adopt protective actions to minimize contamination of food in the participants' region.
This program's topics of study will include:
- Risk Management in Food Cultivation and Production.
- Water Handling in the Food Industry.
- Beneficial Aspects of Functional Foods.
- Food Management: Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points: Implementation in the Food Industry
- Environmental Management in the Food Industry.
- Food Evaluation.
Classes will be held at the Faculty’s Rehovot campus, around-the-clock computer access will be provided. We recommend that participants who own a personal computer bring it with them for their own convenience. Scientific material will be assigned. Professional field trips will be held. Full attendance is required.
Each participant will prepare a seminar presentation, which will be review and graded. It should apply knowledge acquired during the course to a topic in food safety. Participants are advice to bring with them digitalized data relevant to their countries, especially on food legislation. On completion of the course and fulfillment of its requirements, participants will receive certificates.
- Arrival date: 07/10/2018
- Opening date: 08/10/2018
- Closing date: 25/10/2018
- Departure date: 25/10/2018 late afternoon or 26/10/2018 during the day
Participants must arrive at the training center on the arrival date, and leave on the departure date. Early arrivals/late departures if required, must be arranged by the participants themselves, directly with the hotel/center, and must be paid for by the participant him/herself.
Inicio: Del 07 al 26 de octubre, 2018
Fecha límite de inscripción: 31 de julio, 2018